PDA

View Full Version : Guinness and wrenching don't mix well

sdcat
March 15th, 2008, 08:19 PM
I worked some more on installing Freestyle's suspension package today. I'll have to wait on the rear ARB, because it mounts in a location that would require relocating the exhaust pipe. I don't usually drink while wrenching, but thought it was a good idea today. Gary at Freestyle recommends a rear toe out plate, which is the opposite to everything I've done before with suspension setups, but I want to put it together the way he recommends to start with. After happily pulling the axles and putting in the toe plates, I noticed all of my differential fluid on the garage floor! Oh well - an enjoyable afternoon anyway. It looks like some work to get to the filler plug on the differential, but I guess I'd have to figure out how to fill it eventually anyway.

The real reason for this post - anyone else running toe out in the rear? Seems like an odd thing to do, but it's what Gary at Freestyle recommended.

Justin

sdcat
March 15th, 2008, 09:08 PM
I talked to David L. and he said to cut and reverse them so that I have toe in. This makes much more sense to me. Especially since my car tends to oversteer anyway.

Sean
March 15th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Damn non-Irish are all alike... Guinness mixes well with everything! :)

sdcat
March 15th, 2008, 10:00 PM
An Irish priest and a Rabbi get into a car accident. They both get out of their cars and stumble over to the side of the road. The Rabbi says, "Oy vey! What a wreck!" The priest asks him, "Are you all right, Rabbi?" The Rabbi responds, "Just a little shaken."

The priest pulls a flask of whiskey from his coat and says, "Here, drink some of this it will calm your nerves." The Rabbi takes the flask and drinks it down and says, "Well, what are we going to tell the police?" Well," the priest says, "I don't know what your aft' to be tellin' them. But I'll be tellin' them I wasn't the one drinkin'."