PDA

View Full Version : Notes von der Vaterland

Anonymous
June 3rd, 2004, 07:19 AM
The weather's been pretty lousy but the food und bier have been great, as ever.

The promised M drive (new car, not currently for sale) didn't happen. Schade.

I stopped by a spot today near Munchen where these fellas are building a 7esque car called the RCB. 7-like but heavier, the 2 examples I saw were both powered by 2 liter Cozzies, 1 with forced induction and 1 with 2 45mm webers, both making approx. 310 PS (hp+ approx 10% if I remember correctly). Wow. Looks like fun. Both TUV approved.

That's it for now!

Anonymous
June 3rd, 2004, 07:26 AM
Except for 1 other thing:

Run out and get the latest copy of EVO (an English mag). They're testing 7 7s in an attempt to choose their next long-termer. Oh, and there's a good write-up on the new Carrera vs. the McLaren F1 (still the most beautiful girl in the world, bar none).

CYaLata

Chris
ps: I'm getting logged out when I submit.

slomove
June 3rd, 2004, 07:53 AM
Hi Chris, hope you enjoy it in good old G. 310 DIN-PS would be amazing. AFAIK they are defined as rear wheel horsepowers, so the bhp number should indeed be at least 10% higher if not more. I can understand that should be easy with forced induction, but with 45 Webers? I don't know.

It is quite interesting, I think in Germany there are 3 or 4 companies making some pretty good quality Sevens, not all my taste however. Even Irmscher, the big Opel tuning company makes a decent one here (http://www.irmscher.de/). I just noticed they even call it "Irmscher 7". They will sure get in trouble with Caterham. But I think they are probably 50 times bigger and can afford more lawyers...

Gert