PDA

View Full Version : New owner in Beverly Hills....

mopho
October 2nd, 2013, 01:43 AM
Simon Cowell

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2440913/Simon-Cowell-takes-luxury-sports-car-spin-special-delivery-Beverly-Hills-home.html

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/10/02/article-2440913-1871F95000000578-806_634x345.jpg

moosetestbestanden
October 2nd, 2013, 06:56 AM
Judging by the wings the boy's got himself a Fattie. Those wings are on my to-do list for sure.

Steve Tyler of Aerosmith fame is an owner as well. Pity those fellas don't come around here, eh?

Lucky Dawg
October 2nd, 2013, 10:24 AM
I can barely fit tools, a sweatshirt and lunch in mine. Where will he find the space for his ego?

Sean
October 2nd, 2013, 12:28 PM
BC indicates it is a CSR. Surprised he didn't opt for the FIA bar.
I wonder if he got it through Randy?

heisssenberrg
October 2nd, 2013, 05:29 PM
The only way there is room for his ego is to leave the top off.
He did do well on UK Top Gear in the Star in a reasonably priced car.

mopho
October 2nd, 2013, 08:59 PM
He joined the club, so may want to keep the insults to a minimum.....

moosetestbestanden
October 3rd, 2013, 06:12 AM
He joined the club, so may want to keep the insults to a minimum.....

Well gentlemen. If this is true, Simon, welcome to our little neighborhood. The only singing you'll hear around these parts are engines. And how!

magnusfeuer
October 3rd, 2013, 12:52 PM
Gentlemen - Please be civil.

I don't care about the background of those who decide to join us, as long as they have an interest in Sevens.

If Simon Cowell does need local help with his Caterham (for example getting it registered, as is obvious from the photo), we are probably the best resource for him to turn to.

He has also proved himself to be quick on a track, which, should he decide to join, will make our future track events more interesting.

Any more insults directed at current or potential members will be deleted.

Sincerely,
/Magnus F - You know, the board admin.

Lucky Dawg
October 3rd, 2013, 03:27 PM
Magnus - In fairness to all, Mr. Cowell has become quite famous for insulting others in front of millions of viewers. And appears proud of it. In other words, he should fit in quite well here.

randychase
October 3rd, 2013, 07:28 PM
BC indicates it is a CSR. Surprised he didn't opt for the FIA bar.
I wonder if he got it through Randy?

This was done as a personal favor to Tony Fernandez by Jon in Denver. I had no involvement.

It is a CSR. I find the non-FIA bar odd looking now.

Sean
October 3rd, 2013, 07:58 PM
Magnus - In fairness to all, Mr. Cowell has become quite famous for insulting others in front of millions of viewers. And appears proud of it. In other words, he should fit in quite well here.

Excuse me, but I take exception to the "should fit in quite well here" portion of your statements above. Why would this indicate to you fitting in well here? I don't see any insulting done here, other than occasionally between two members who already know each other personally. But I find this statement just a bit insulting to all of us.

As I see it, whatever Mr. Cowell has done professionally to advance his career in the entertainment industry is irrelevant, just as your professional life is irrelevant to your personal outside interests. It always amazes me how people tend to treat the famous by either slamming them or kissing their ass. He's a guy. With a 7. Probably still in the massive grin stage, just like you.

I have no beef with you sir, but your comments on this thread seem uncalled for to me.

Lucky Dawg
October 3rd, 2013, 08:38 PM
I am sorry that you were offended, that was not the intent. My somewhat limited, but quite pleasant, experience with Caterham owners has included plenty of good natured insults (you can call it ribbing or whatever you would like). I do disagree that a person's professional personality is irrelevant to their professional one. I'm sure there are many people in the news on a regular basis that you would not grant a complete pass to just because they had the good sense to buy a 7. Generally, the way a person conducts his/herself professionally is a good indication of how they conduct themselves away from work. And Mr. Cowell has provided a fair amount of insults to others and I have no doubt that he can handle ones directed at him quite nicely.

Again, I am sorry I offended you.

slomove
October 3rd, 2013, 09:23 PM
I guess I have not watched TV for a year (except occasionally local news and the Colbert Report).
I don't even know who that guy is.

mopho
October 3rd, 2013, 09:38 PM
I am sorry that you were offended, that was not the intent. My somewhat limited, but quite pleasant, experience with Caterham owners has included plenty of good natured insults (you can call it ribbing or whatever you would like). I do disagree that a person's professional personality is irrelevant to their professional one. I'm sure there are many people in the news on a regular basis that you would not grant a complete pass to just because they had the good sense to buy a 7. Generally, the way a person conducts his/herself professionally is a good indication of how they conduct themselves away from work. And Mr. Cowell has provided a fair amount of insults to others and I have no doubt that he can handle ones directed at him quite nicely.

Again, I am sorry I offended you.

I understood that you were talking about ribbing and didn't find it that offensive, but I think ribbing should only be done when you know someone personally and sometimes a celebrities on stage persona is not how they are in real life or amongst friends. If Simon does actually join ( I was bluffing, but he has been invited to join) and wants to play around like that, then let him initiate it and then we dish it right back :icon_devilish:

I don't think anyone here went too far, but the comments that were turning up on Blatchat, Facebook, and to some degree the usa7's site were pretty nasty, so Magnus and I just want to nip it in the bud.

Also keep in mind that unlike many of the people on those other sites, myself and others live here in LA (Simon lives around 3-4 miles away from me) so there is a real chance we will have a run in with him at some point.
Personally, I don't know much about him, and have barely ever seen him on TV, but I will reserve my opinion of him until I meet him.

FerneyO
October 4th, 2013, 12:45 PM
So, Simon,

I was wondering whether the 7 windscreen or the Bugatti Veyron air brake is bigger?

magnusfeuer
October 4th, 2013, 03:02 PM
This blew up a bit more than I thought.

Just to clarify. I am not offended by anything said in this thread, I just want things civil. That said, I'd like to second Morgan's comment about teasing people on the site who you already know. We trade jabs all the time, but it is only with people who we would also just as happily jab in person.

/Magnus F.
PS: Chris' (moose's) engine build is coming up on its second anniversary, which makes it totally legit for not only jabbing, but outright heckling. Even I managed to build my engine, bottom up, in less than half that time.

Doug Liedblad
October 4th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Speaking of Jabs, Is Mopho's car running yet?

magnusfeuer
October 4th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Probably not.

mopho
October 4th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Speaking of Jabs, Is Mopho's car running yet?

I drove it yesterday, runs great as long as I don't go around any corners fast... http://www.websmileys.com/sm/crazy/282.gif

moosetestbestanden
October 6th, 2013, 08:45 AM
This blew up a bit more than I thought.

Just to clarify. I am not offended by anything said in this thread, I just want things civil. That said, I'd like to second Morgan's comment about teasing people on the site who you already know. We trade jabs all the time, but it is only with people who we would also just as happily jab in person.

/Magnus F.
PS: Chris' (moose's) engine build is coming up on its second anniversary, which makes it totally legit for not only jabbing, but outright heckling. Even I managed to build my engine, bottom up, in less than half that time.

Oh yeah? OH YEAH? WELL, I take OFFENSE!

KIDDING!

Just to set the record straight: My engine project isn't coming up on its 2nd anniversary. It past its 7th anniversary back in March. My upcoming anniversary is the Day My (much loved) Junkyard Doggie Died. That little engine-that-could took me to a 2nd overall in TTU, losing out (by a bunch - it was never close really) only to waaaay more expensive 700 hp Corvette run by a really, really great guy (and fast driver) by the name of Terry Free.

But, back on topic. Mr. Cowell is a very famous, wealthy, and no doubt busy man. I pretty much doubt someone of his stature, schedule and public position will be coming round here much, if ever. That said, the man has shown the good taste to become a Caterham owner. So, just in case: Enjoy it man, as we do ours!

Edit: this just in (http://omg.yahoo.com/photos/top-shots-of-the-week-september-30-2013-1380558357-slideshow/) off of the wire. Be ready to start fielding questions when you're out for a drive.

escondidoron
October 6th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Personally, I don't know much about him, and have barely ever seen him on TV, but I will reserve my opinion of him until I meet him.

Concur.

The only times I have seen him on TV have been twice on Top Gear. My $0.02 is that he was both an excellent guest interview and reasonably priced car driver. Based on his Top Gear performance I'd wager that he is likely a very good candidate to fully appreciate his new Seven.