PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the Bay Area have room to store a little orange car for a month or two?

mopho
October 11th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Anyone in the Bay Area have room to store a little orange car for a month or two? November and probably most of December

Sean
October 11th, 2013, 04:10 PM
While I would be happy to help you out, even though your car is orange, unfortunately, I do not. Sorry!

rnr
October 11th, 2013, 06:42 PM
If you had a trailer you could leave it my yard. There are a couple of local shops that could store it for you as well.

mopho
October 11th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Thanks. It's going up on an open trailer I believe, so need an enclosed space.
Do you know which shops?

rnr
October 11th, 2013, 11:16 PM
DietschWerks (http://www.dietschwerks.com) and Suspension Performance (http://suspensionperformance.com/) both work on Lotus/Sevens and should be able to hold a car for you. I'd give Rob Dietsch a call first.

mopho
October 11th, 2013, 11:41 PM
Thanks!
It seems I am moving up to the Bay Area, so you'll have another 7 in the fray

rnr
October 12th, 2013, 10:10 AM
It seems I am moving up to the Bay Area, so you'll have another 7 in the fray

Very cool. Do you know where in the area you will be moving to?

mopho
October 12th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Not yet. Maybe Walnut Creek

Doug Liedblad
October 12th, 2013, 09:57 PM
Why not MORGAN Hill???

mopho
October 13th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Why not MORGAN Hill???

Ha, too far away from the job

I did live on Morgan's Island when I was a kid, no lie

magnusfeuer
October 13th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Was that place, mayhap, your place of "manufacture"?

/Magnus F.

mopho
October 13th, 2013, 04:26 PM
It was post manufacturing.....

Michael Murphy
October 19th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Morgan, I could perhaps squeeze your car in to my garage (Hillsborough, on the peninsula near san mateo). It would be a tight fit along with my Seven, F2k and four dirt bikes so I would not want it to sit for too long... ping me if you are still looking.

mopho
October 19th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Thanks Michael, we ended up finding a house with a garage to rent in Lafayette, so I am covered (pun?). I think I am probably going to stay down in LA until around April now (family is moving up over the next month or so), so will likely keep the 7 down here until then and then do the PCH road trip I've always wanted to do with it.

Sean
October 19th, 2013, 07:55 PM
...and then do the PCH road trip I've always wanted to do with it.
After doing that trip or variations of it in my 7 about a half dozen times now, I highly recommend it.

mopho
October 19th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Yeah, I did it with the Elan (and another time with a Black Series Benz) a number of years ago and it was epic, definitely want to do it again

JohnCh
October 20th, 2013, 07:36 AM
I grew up in Lafayette. I'm sure some of the great roads I knew are a little too crowded these days to have too much fun, but I bet the fantastic twisties between Moraga and the Piedmont area are still worth checking out.

-John