PDA

View Full Version : Update on Magnus...

magnusfeuer
May 9th, 2014, 10:55 AM
Hello,

I've been awfully quiet on the forum and have not participated in events lately, and I thought I should explain why.

There are three reasons for my absence.

1. Money.
The startup that I've been running has been extremely meager, which haven't left any disposable income over to attend races, buy tires, etc.

2. New job.
In April, I started working for a Jaguar Land Rover research lab, doing connected vehicle stuff that I for obvious reasons cannot go into. At this point you are free to add an aura of sexy mystique to your perception of me. The new job has taken up all of my time, although things are starting to calm down a bit.

3. Out of stock parts at Caterham.
My upgraded front hubs are still shot (races spinning in the hubs), and Caterham have been out of stock for months. I spoke to Paul(?) yesterday, and they now have the hubs and expect the bearings to come in today or early next week. Once I received my shipment, I should have the car back on the road within a few days.

The new job has had the positive impact of bringing in a bit more cash, so I hope to start participate in blats, time trials, and other events from now on.

See you out there, soon!

/Magnus F.

mopho
May 9th, 2014, 02:50 PM
Anyone know who this guy "Magnus" is?

magnusfeuer
May 9th, 2014, 04:12 PM
It is the guy who you left behind when you bailed LA and moved to NorCal.

I am not, mind you, bitter at all. Bitch.

/Magnus F.

mopho
May 9th, 2014, 04:15 PM
Oh yeah, that guy!

Speaking of updating, I bailed out of LA, moved to NorCal and left Magnus behind..... :icon_apologetic:

magnusfeuer
May 9th, 2014, 04:19 PM
Come back!

Everything is forgiven. We can start over and make it work.

/Magnus F.

Doug Liedblad
May 11th, 2014, 07:49 AM
I................. Bitch.

/Magnus F.

Should I give this Magnus fellow an infraction for bad language and insulting a senior member?

moosetestbestanden
May 11th, 2014, 05:51 PM
3. Out of stock parts at Caterham.
My upgraded front hubs are still shot (races spinning in the hubs), and Caterham have been out of stock for months. I spoke to Paul(?) yesterday, and they now have the hubs and expect the bearings to come in today or early next week. Once I received my shipment, I should have the car back on the road within a few days.

/Magnus F.

A little thread drift here...

I'm not too sure about this Tony Fernandes guy's stewardship. Seems like lots of big plans backed up by not a lot of success. Caterham F1's cars are slower than their GP2 cars (BOING!). Renault has announced that they may start withholding engines from the F1 teams that aren't, ahem, paying their bills (they weren't referring Red Bull Racing in their announcement). The Moto2 team is essentially a disaster, scoring their 1st points only last week (in the 1st race of the year one Caterham bike took out the other). The Renault-Caterham project has fallen apart. Parts, lots and lots of parts if the website is any indication, are unavailable. Having had a look at new pricelist for Caterhams over here all I can say is, well, good luck w/ that one. Don't look for an increase in sales volume there at those price (A friend was considering, at my prodding. He no longer is. Too much money). All in all, um... maybe more bitten off than can be chewed. Or even put into the mouth.

Anyway, back on topic... Magnus, now that you're an Englishman working for an English Car Company, have you considered taking over as CEO of CC?