PDA

View Full Version : The MIATABUSA lives!

perry
August 16th, 2014, 02:04 PM
My buddy's Miatabusa concept has come to fruition ----Finally! It's taken quite a while for him to perfect. It's a bellhousing that allows a Hyabusa engine to bolt to a Miata transmission. Toyota, VW, & for us Seven Guys, the Ford Type 9 tranny too. The Miata one is already up & running.

This ain't no tiny clutch & rachet-shifter mash-up. The motorcycle transmission is removed & tossed. ---Bye bye!

The CAR'S (not the bikes) AUTOMOTIVE transmission clutch & flywheel is used. The tranny also spins at normal CAR revs--there's a gear-reduction. Approx 180 HP with an engine weight of 160 lbs. That knocks a couple hundred pounds off a Miata.

Him & his pals are going to run one at the 25 Years Of Miata event at Laguna Seca on Sept. 5-7.

The engine sits vertically in the car like Seven engines do & the oil capacity is six quarts. These are mods from how 'Busa's are when in a bike where they share tranny oil & sit canted over.

I can't go to the race but I may be getting some seat-time in a couple months. Should haul butt & sound like an F1 car. Of course it would be best in a Seven! He wanted to use my Birkin as a mule for this but I passed. Now I'm kinda bummed I didn't. :icon_grumpy:

avendlerdp
August 18th, 2014, 01:40 PM
Read about it here:

http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticles/ID/3520/Project-Miatabusa-part-17-EVO-II-is-here.aspx

Pretty nice power-plant option and the engines are cheap because there is an ever growing supply of crashed Hayabusas.