PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Nigel!

sdcat
December 8th, 2014, 07:39 AM
I don't think Nigel would mind my sharing that he won a POC BSR (Boxster Spec) Cup Race this weekend against some very skilled drivers.

Congratulations Nigel! Keep those wins coming!

Justin

NigelT
January 22nd, 2015, 07:21 PM
Thanks, Justin. Had fun with the AROSC crowd at Willow Springs last weekend. Gearing up for the POC opener Feb 7/8. Will you be there?
Nigel

sdcat
January 23rd, 2015, 07:54 AM
Nigel,

Sorry I missed the AROSC event - been battling this flu that's going around. Was hoping to go to the PCA event at Chuckwalla this weekend, but still feeling pretty run down. Glad you had fun - I always enjoy the AROSC crowd too.

I'm working the weekend of the next POC cup races, so will have to miss the start of the year. I think you are in a good position for a championship this year!

Justin

NigelT
January 23rd, 2015, 07:56 PM
Maybe see you at POC Spring Mountain in March?
Earlier threads indicate some hope of a Caterham Club turnout at AROSC Chuckwalla May 2/3. If that is sustained I may try to make that, but otherwise, my focus is on POC and yes, I am dreaming of a shot at the championship. I collect my 3rd place trophy for last year's series tomorrow night - I know, pretty sad, Ayrton wouldn't have even bothered to show up - not even the first of the losers!!! But it's a start.
Nigel

sdcat
January 24th, 2015, 07:01 AM
Third place in a class that big in POC is actually quite an accomplishment, considering that some of the best drivers in a very competitive racing club are in that class! And I think a championship is well within your reach this year!

I think that I will just be an occasional entry in the POC club races this year. To get fast in that series, I'd have to be "all in" with the car setup and support, which may have to wait a few years! I'll still join you guys when I can to keep my foot in the door.

Justin