Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calling V-Robb!!!!!

Default Calling V-Robb!!!!!

www.morgansegal.com

The funny thing is my wife goes " What is that car a Morgan ? " and I said "No that's a Caterham but there is a Morgan driving it " -delise

Very tempting! Rolling chassis only so the whole registration thing would be like a new build here, since the engine is really the point of contention right? SB-100 should still be applicable, no?

Man, that's a sweet build!

I am fairly sure you can apply for the SB100 without an engine. If the car has never been registered you can do a smog exempt registration in CA.

/Magnus F.

That's basically how I did mine for SB100. Your car is supposed to be complete when applying for SB100 so you need the engine/trans.
    You have to show (receipts) that you purchased the 7 as a "turn-key minus" and the engine/trans from somewhere else plus installed by you or somewhere other than the builder your purchased it from. If it comes with transmission, you can probably use the receipt the builder got if it doesn't have his name on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    Your car is supposed to be complete when applying for SB100...
    While this may or may not be the implied intent, it is not currently a requirement.
    | | Sean

Correct, it doesn't need to be complete, but you have to have receipts for all the parts... I'm pretty confident they won't register it without seeing reciepts for the drivetrain.

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    Correct, it doesn't need to be complete, but you have to have receipts for all the parts... I'm pretty confident they won't register it without seeing reciepts for the drivetrain.
    They asked for mine when I applied: engine, transmission & chassis. The 'certificate of origin' from CC was also required. I'm sure Chris at 7s & Elans would have that.

As I said in another thread, SB100 just isn't really that hard to do, it's getting the number that's hardest.
    Chris
    ------------
    A day you don't go a hundred is a day wasted

My brother just got his SB-100 number at the first of the year and he had just started building, so it sounds like the car does not have to be done yet, at least as of January of this year. Maybe depends on which DMV/person you talk to......that's probably more like it.

By the way check out his sight, its a Mid engine 7ish car.

http://www.midlana.com/
    Scott
    Stalker Chassis #80 W/LS3
    San Diego

Pricing requested. Let's see if I can wing getting this in my garage...!!

Cool

See guys, I told you this is trouble! I made an offer for this and it's acceptable to Chris. Will finalize it the next couple of days, but I guess I'll be joining you guys sooner than originally thought!

Thumbs up New Ride!!!

Congratulations! I bought my car from Chris as well and stop and visit when ever I go back east, he's a great guy and a pleasure to deal with. Looks like the car is very similar to mine so if you need anything let me know. Hope to see it on the road soon and good luck! Steve

I tell you where to send the finders fee.... :p

Congrats! thought the car would be perfect for you
    www.morgansegal.com

The funny thing is my wife goes " What is that car a Morgan ? " and I said "No that's a Caterham but there is a Morgan driving it " -delise

Congratulations Robb!

A complementary inspection is available in my garage at any time after you receive your car. Many new Seven owners are a bit unsure if the car is supposed to exhibit certain details or behavior, and I usually go through the car with them to spot any issues.

Although with Chris as the seller, I am sure this is an unnecessary exercise.

/Magnus F.

So, do you have a motor in mind?

Congratulations! Now, read this about ten times between now and mid-December: Magnus' Registration Guide.
    There's other helpful stuff in the wiki section, too.
    | | Sean

So, another FB comes to town. There will soon be enough that we can have a separate class for all the fatties out there.:D

Kidding!

Serious congrats man & welcome. Pics of the car are great but for sure it looks like it needs a few things, um, well, upgraded.

Oh! It occurs to me that in all the enthusiasm about your enthusiasm, the afflicted hereabouts haven't informed you that you have an infection, one that is only just starting. You see, Caterham-itis has a horrible, non-curable side effect called upgradeitis. I don't have time to explain (I'm browsing caterham.co.uk/parts and can't be distracted) and it won't be necessary really soon. In fact, I reckon you're already exhibiting early signs, imagining switching a gearbox here, seats there, and so forth. Have you seen the stack dash in the R500? Tasty...

I suggest you start salving the upgradeitis right now while you still have an open wound. A 210 horse Duratec simply won't be enough to pull that fattie around w/ proper pace. You're going to need at least 250, just to stay close. Isn't that right Magnus?:D
    Chris
    ------------
    A day you don't go a hundred is a day wasted

I can kick the habit at any time. This is what I've done since I got my car back in -02.

T6 Race ECU with harness.
    Supercharged the engine (Zetec).
    6 point harness.
    External fuel pump.
    Caterham 6 speed gearbox.
    Replaced rear diff with 3.38 ratio.
    Freestyle suspension.
    Freestyle adjustable front ARB.
    Cosworth 2.3 CSR engine.
    Carbon bits aeroscreen.
    Race seat.
    Outlaw front calipers.
    Race master brake cylinder.
    13" wheels for track days.

Yes - I can definitely manage my usage.

Roll cage is next.

... and maybe a nice muffler.

/Magnus F.

He was warned about the upgradeitus when he came out for the test drive. Probably couldn't hear it thru the grins and it's not easy to understand how addicting it can be until you have it.

I've kicked it at least three times, or four, five?? Anyhow, I really need a 3.62 diff ratio, adjustable shocks, rollbars, new springs, foamed in place seats, 25 or more HP and drop about 50 lbs from the car not to mention I could stand to lose that much myself. The lightweight flywheel will will save about 4 lbs and it's only $400. But that's rotating mass so it counts for more.

Is there an equivalent to AA for this?
    Last edited by Doug Liedblad; October 2nd, 2009 at 07:58 PM.

There is no cure...only treatment.

I was looking at picking up a nice new muffler too. I know people in the past have bought those fancy ones from the UK - but I think something from here might do. http://www.coastfab.com/ultra-lightw...-mufflers.html

That's where I got my current muffler.

Sadly enough they do not stock the oversized units we need. I have an anemic little tube of a muffler from them that is, although well made, too small to make any serious dent in the exhaust sound.

We could band up, however, and have a batch of larger mufflers made for us.

/Magnus F.

Thread Information