Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: CARB says I need to add a PCV hose

Threaded View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008

    Default CARB says I need to add a PCV hose

    I'm in the final stage of getting the 7 registered. The CARB (California Air Resources Board) wants me to route a hose from the back of the Zetec engine's valve cover (where the little K&N filter/breather now sits) over to somewhere on the intake side of the engine so that I have a closed loop.

    The referee said it must be before the throttle plate and suggested routing it into the air filter somehow. However, that would put it before the air mass sensor's hot wire and I fear the oil vapor would foul the wire. He also cautioned against routing it into the rubber "elbow" between the air mass sensor and the throttle as he feared the elbow would crack - this despite the fact I've got the parts and expertise to reliably place a fitting there.

    I've been to the local Ford dealer and got some advice based on the stock Zetec SVT motor setup. Anyone out there with a Zetec-engined 7 that has such a hose in place?


    Last edited by Nick O'Teen; July 10th, 2012 at 06:48 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Cutting AN braided hose
    By Doug Liedblad in forum Questions and Answers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: March 18th, 2011, 10:42 PM
  2. Help with tracing Fuel vent hose
    By SnowCub in forum Questions and Answers
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: February 27th, 2011, 11:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts