Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nor-Cal Sevens picnic -- 2014

Cool Nor-Cal Sevens picnic and blat -- 2014

Third Annual Nor-Cal Sevens picnic
    Date: 2014 August 09, a Saturday
    Time: 9:00 a.m. to whenever
    ($6.00 park admission fee for each car)
    Peppertree picnic area has been reserved
    Motto: Rain-free picnicking more than 49% of the time!

Stuff I will bring: Charcoal, cooking and eating utensils, napkins, salt & pepper, condiments, ice, water, soda, etc. for all to use. Also, to make it easier on everybody, this year I will bring a variety of bratwurst and hot links and other varieties of sausages and buns for all. Anybody is welcome to have some of these, or you can bring something else if you prefer. It just seems easier to cook a shitload of brats and the like all at once rather than to have everybody taking turns to make their own individual chicken, burgers, eggplant soufflé, or whatever. This way everybody can eat together at the same time.

Stuff you might want to bring: Chips or cookies some or side dish if you like. Eye protection is a good idea for the drive. And maybe an umbrella for all the glorious SUNSHINE we will surely have - not for any damn rain! The Peppertree picnic area is well covered by shade trees.

Plan: Meet at 9:00 a.m., drive starting around 9:45 or so, and return somewhere around noon-ish or whenever for BBQ & BS.

Confirmed attendees:
    • me
    • jhamlinx2 & Jeff Hamlin
    • rnr
    • GWise
    • DaveL
    • Larry Codde
    • FerneyO
    • racemachine_sweden
    • Russ
    • MarkP
    • Doug Liedblad
    • Caracturus
    • Jim (rnr friend)
    • Michael Murphy
    • johnh
    • mopho

Tentative attendees:
    • heisssenberrg

Proposed blat route (same as last year's, which never went off due to rain), although the 236 goat trail could also be included from 9 to Boulder Creek, if desired:

Link to the proposed route shown above in Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/mZuTB
    Fuel is available at points G, C, and E visible on the map, as well as in Saratoga. The loop is less than 80 miles around, so probably less than one full tank required for most any Seven.
    Last edited by Sean; August 8th, 2014 at 04:40 PM.

I am interested, but will have to get an okay from SWMBO. She may not want to do an outing then as she will be about 7 months pregnant. If I come, I may bring my Mini enthusiast friend again. I would love to get a ride in a se7en, if anybody has a spare seat. I hope for nicer weather this time, although with the lack of rainfall, we may have to hold several of these a month to see if it works to summon the rain gods.

Jeff and I have it marked on our calendar. Looking forward to it.

Julie
    Lucy Cate
    170 Roadsport SV

I will be there
    V8 Stalker
    06 Elise
    02 Dodge Viper GTS
    16 Dodge Charger Hellcat

I will also attend. Thanks for putting this together Sean.

After a long rest the car is running again. Need to 'freshen' things a bit but would like to attend if everything works out.

I am ready for the rain, I will be there , Dave L

Dot & I are planning on being there. I just need to wax my skis for the return journey.

My neighbour Russ and I plan to join in with our two Caterham S3's.
    /Andreas

Sean,

Thanks for organizing, Sarah and I plan to be there. I think that puts us in double digits for Caterhams present!

Mark
    Last edited by MarkP; July 21st, 2014 at 06:27 PM.

The wife I will try to be there but probably not with my Caterham. I have no rain gear for it.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Liedblad View Post
    The wife I will try to be there but probably not with my Caterham. I have no rain gear for it.
    It is unlikely to rain on August 9th, but just in case, I'll ask the park rangers if they can turn on the sprinklers when any 7s drive in or out.
    | | Sean

I am Andreas's (racemachine_sweden) neighbor Russ. I bought the purple/yellow Seven some might have known as the "Purple Porsche Eater" seven months ago, and have been bringing it up to date including an ECU swap for an MS3.

I'll probably join the caravan as you pass my house in La Honda, as it allows me to sleep in.

There's also the Canepa Cars and Coffee a bit further up 17. Obviously this would mean adjusting our schedule or route, but they do have some pretty neat stuff there.

http://www.canepa.com/news/calendar.html

I look forward to my first California Caterham Club drive with everyone. Andreas Naeslund has told me about it. See you all soon.

Adam

Adam Boyden
    Caterham CSR 260

It's looking more likely that I will be able to make it

www.morgansegal.com

The funny thing is my wife goes " What is that car a Morgan ? " and I said "No that's a Caterham but there is a Morgan driving it " -delise

I've only driven into Vasona once (for that Christmas Lights thing that they do). Will we need to pay admission twice? Once for the meetup and again on return for the picnic? Still scrambling to clean up a few details on the car...

Shouldn't have to pay a 2nd time, no. After paying, the ranger on duty will attempt to affix a receipt to the inside of your windshield with a piece of tape - this is always fun with the carbon aeroscreen on the car. :) Upon re-entry, just show the ranger the receipt, and you get right back in. Besides, I'm pretty sure the rangers are likely to remember our cars from earlier in the day.
    | | Sean

I might be bringing along a friend in another WCM Ultralite. At this rate we might hit 15 cars which would be pretty epic
    V8 Stalker
    06 Elise
    02 Dodge Viper GTS
    16 Dodge Charger Hellcat

Wow, we're looking at a dozen confirmed plus four tentative. I'm guessing Michael, Elv15, and Rod stand a good chance of showing up, which would put us just one shy of 20 cars - a big jump from 7 the first year and 9 the rain year!
    | | Sean

Thread Information