Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nor-Cal Sevens picnic -- 2014

Thanks again for putting this together Sean, I had a blast. Did over 200 miles yesterday and the 7 hit it's 20k mile anniversary when we pulled into the park

Here is some in-car video

www.morgansegal.com

The funny thing is my wife goes " What is that car a Morgan ? " and I said "No that's a Caterham but there is a Morgan driving it " -delise

Glad everybody had a good time. I know I did. Felt bad for Dave having a breakdown, and Doug missing the blat. And I wish I had remembered to check for my camera before leaving the house. Other than those things, all went well from where I sat. Thanks all for posting photos/videos.

I thought the changed date, location, and lunch format worked well. Looking forward to next year's picnic!
    | | Sean

Looks like a great time. I wish I could have found the time to participate.

.....Looking forward to next year.
    EscondidoRon

'62 Lotus Seven
    '84 Turbo Esprit (x2)
    '14 Evora
    '77 Esprit S1 (RIP) :(

"A man must keep a little back shop where he can be himself without reserve. In solitude alone can he know true freedom." -Michel De Montaigne 1588

Here's my video from the event. Would have loved to get us all in it - maybe next year!
    Lucy Cate
    170 Roadsport SV

Nice video, I should have followed closer to fill the frame better! :-) As to your comment on Vimeo, the 2005 USA tour travelled CA-35 just as we did. There were a few more cars on that trip!

Hi all
    Glya and I enjoyed the whole thing. Next year I'm going to have to keep an eye on the speed limit signs. I may have exceeded a few. I checked my gas when I got home. I still had 2or 3 gal left. Ya I know you guys have guages. Pupu to you.
    Good food , good folks, good weather, fun road. I love calif.
    best to all
    larry and goya
    Keep the rubber side down.

Sean, firstly many thanks again for organizing and providing the bulk of the food, it was a great day out and Sarah and I had a thoroughly good time! I have not seen this many 7s together outside the UK, excellent! It was fun meeting everyone.

For us it was a pretty epic day - by the time we had driven down from Santa Rosa, blatted round the wonderful hills of the southern peninsular and then returned to Santa Rosa via the coast route, we had covered a little over 330 miles. All without getting sore or stiff.

Since others have posted plenty of cool photos of specific cars, this shot gives more of a feel for the scale of the turnout:
    P8090116.jpg

The Minister of Finance has informed me that after the picnic had ended and the dust had settled, we ended up with two (2) dishtowels and one (1) steak/utility knife - a nice one! - that are not ours. Happy to return them to the rightful owners once identified, or I can just bring them to a blat, next year's picnic, etc.
    | | Sean

Thread Information