Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Assault on Mt Palomar - 2014

Quote Originally Posted by slomove View Post
    Ron, can you explain what the plan with Borrego Springs is? I would not mind if we end the Saturday trip there but probably take off Sunday morning (somewhat) early to go home.
    The plan is to arrive in Borrego Springs and have dinner and maybe a beverage or two while reviewing the day's events and whatever other lively conversation may arise before retiring for the night. There are a few restauraunts to choose from in BS and the one at the resort is pretty good too. For ease I'm leaning towards dinner at the resort. I've eaten breakfast there several times, out back on the patio. I expect it to be a great location for an evening meal. In the mean time I have some pictures from breakfast there. Here is what their breakfast looks like:

So I expect that their dinner fare will be just as nice!

On Sunday the plan is to rise relatively early and be on the road by 0800 to beat the desert heat and head back up the hill to have breakfast in Julian.

If you can hang on a bit (I've presently got some ice cream melting) I'll post the itinerary for Sunday.
    EscondidoRon

'62 Lotus Seven
    '84 Turbo Esprit (x2)
    '14 Evora
    '77 Esprit S1 (RIP) :(

"A man must keep a little back shop where he can be himself without reserve. In solitude alone can he know true freedom." -Michel De Montaigne 1588

What date is this planned for?

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Liedblad View Post
    What date is this planned for?
    Saturday, June 7th
    edit -- ...and also Sunday, June 8th for some, but unfortunately not for me.
    Last edited by Sean; May 3rd, 2014 at 07:56 PM.
    | | Sean

Quote Originally Posted by escondidoron View Post

If you can hang on a bit (I've presently got some ice cream melting) I'll post the itinerary for Sunday.
    Sorry for the delay. I'm having difficulty accessing the site from home for some reason.

I haven't forgotten about this.
    EscondidoRon

'62 Lotus Seven
    '84 Turbo Esprit (x2)
    '14 Evora

"A man must keep a little back shop where he can be himself without reserve. In solitude alone can he know true freedom." -Michel De Montaigne 1588

I'll be unable to join due to work schedule. Please post some pictures as I will be following in spirit. The roads around Ortega Hwy will have to go on my list of drives.

Sean, where will you be staying this time around? Care to meet on Friday night before the drive?
    Aaron

2001 CMC Locost Frame/2003 Yamaha R1 w/6spd sequential

mca - yhm
    | | Sean

Unfortunately, I now have a conflict which makes it impossible to join this blat. :-(

Randall

As of today, I learned that my 75% went to 100%, barring any unforeseeable complications. Looking forward to it. I enjoy the adventure of solo driving there and back almost as much as the group blat.
    | | Sean

I am still in. The engine is back together with new valves and running. I still have #1 piston ring sticking but hope to break that loose with some B12.

So, is it still the plan to stay in Borrego Springs? I better make reservations then. Engine seems to be running fine again (knock on wood).

Looks like I am "in" for sure. What is the meeting time place?

Hey Dave,

If you look at post #14 of this thread, it indicates those who choose to get up r-e-a-l-l-y early to attend Cars 'n' Coffee in Irvine will be leaving there at 8:00 a.m. PDT, and the full group will assemble at the Park 'n' Ride lot next to the Mobil station at the intersection of I-15 and SR 76 in Fallbrook at around 10:30 a.m. PDT, with departure time from there so far set for T.B.D.

Also, I may be passing by/through/near Atascadero sometime on the 6th. I have been considering driving Interlake Road and through some of the wine regions west of Paso Robles into Atascadero as pert of the drive this time around.
    | | Sean

Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    Looks like I am "in" for sure. What is the meeting time place?
    As it stands right now there are three convenient meeting points:
    1) 0600 - 0800: Cars & Coffee - We're leaving there at 0800 sharp.
    2) 0845 - 0930: Hells Kitchen (on Hwy 74 between Capistrano and Lake Elsinore - I have planned for a breakfast stop there. We're leaving there at 0930.
    3) 1030 - 1100: Park & Ride lot at I-15 / Hwy 76 just south of Fallbrook (like last year)

Here's the participation status that I have to date:
    Dave L
    Meeting point???

Justin
    Meeting Point???

Paul
    Meeting Point???

Randall
    "Meet at Cars & Coffee"

Ron (me)
    Meet at Cars & Coffee

Sean
    Meet at Cars & Coffee

Slomove
    Meeting point???
    Status: "I am in." Engine is back together and car is running/driving.
    Possibly staying Saturday night in Borrego Springs?

Does this look correct to you guys?
    EscondidoRon

'62 Lotus Seven
    '84 Turbo Esprit (x2)
    '14 Evora

And just in case you might be on the fence about joining on Sunday; Here's a few teaser pictures that I took this past Friday when I went out for a pre-run of the Sunday portion of the drive:

EscondidoRon

'62 Lotus Seven
    '84 Turbo Esprit (x2)
    '14 Evora

O.K., booked a room at Borrego Springs Resort. I first tried directly on the resort web site and it said no rooms available. Then I tried Hotels.com and could make a reservation without problem. Hope that worked....

That makes me now 97.34% likely to attend and we will probably join at Cars and Coffee.

OK, about cars & coffee, what is it's google address? is it a ok place to leave my truck & trailer? ( over night? ) or how about meeting you, Sean ( or others ) farther north in a safe place to leave my truck and trailer. Atascadero is on the way from the north,but too far for me to drive my 7 , Dave L

Hey Dave - If you go to Google Maps and search for "cars and coffee", it appears in the suggested searches field (actually, it appeared when I typed just "cars and"). It is roughly at the intersection of Gateway and Irvine Center Drive in Irvine, CA.

I'm not sure where to leave a truck/trailer.
    | | Sean

My car may be ready by then! I got to drive it yesterday, and it still needs some minor work, but seems to be in operating condition! It will be just out of the shop with a new transmission and paddle shift system, so I'll have to drive it a bit and make sure I am comfortable going on a long road trip before we leave. If I come, I will probably meet you in Fallbrook, since that is closer to home.

Justin

Can you guys who plan on participating in the Assault on Mt Plomar next weekend please PM me with your mobile phone numbers?
    It will help greatly with coordinating meet-ups!

Thanks in advance.
    EscondidoRon

'62 Lotus Seven
    '84 Turbo Esprit (x2)
    '14 Evora

I am planning on being at Cars and Coffee at 6:30 to 7:00 , I hope it is a OK place to leave my truck and trailer? (any imput? ) I don't mind putting my C-phone # on this thread it is 805-674-1120, c u there, Dave L

Thread Information