Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So Modest!

ISTR that Stokes did a track session w/out them once, on account of a, um, moment in a prior session. Didn't effect his lap time too much, but he used CSR wings on his S3 and Penskes. His car was dialed in, that's for sure.

I picked up the hardcopy yesterday. Mopho's pictured & quoted. Love the hair Morgan!
    Chris
    ------------
    A day you don't go a hundred is a day wasted

Quote Originally Posted by FerneyO View Post
    Has anyone from CCC tried driving over 80 without the cycle wings. Does it trully settle down? And, does it also mean that the car fills up with gravel so much faster?
    I have been driving front naked for a few months because my wing stays were broken and I did not bother to fix for a while.
    a) nobody stopped and asked me about it, probably because some may mistake it as a strange hot rod and they all drive without. For that matter it is a genuine 1968 Birkin that means I don't need that crap anyway.
    b) no idea if it may have settled it down because I did not go on a high speed track and I doubt you can see a difference below 100, maybe even higher.
    c) removing the wings actually reduced the gravel intake, probably because the wheels can now sling the rocks in any direction, not just to the cockpit. However, having such a mister in front in the rain it may not be that great (have not tried that).

Quote Originally Posted by moosetestbestanden View Post

I picked up the hardcopy yesterday. Mopho's pictured & quoted. Love the hair Morgan!
    Yarr de hair hair......

www.morgansegal.com

The funny thing is my wife goes " What is that car a Morgan ? " and I said "No that's a Caterham but there is a Morgan driving it " -delise

Waited and waited for the 2013 October issue of R&T to arrive in the mailbox, but it never did arrive. So I found the "report missing/damaged issue" page at R&T's web pages (not really that easy to do!), and received the following reply, which I have trimmed down to the meat 'n' potatoes:
    We're sorry; currently there is no inventory available for your selection. We will gladly extend your subscription to compensate for the missed issue. Your subscription will now expire with the May 10, 2016 issue. The updated expiration date will appear on the mailing label of your next available issue.
    Wow, what are the odds on that? I e-mailed to inform them of my discontent. Good thing I picked up a copy at my local CVS, or I would be livid. Still not happy about it though, even if I do already have a copy.
    | | Sean

Seems you're mailman wanted the issue more than you.

It's pretty typical of a publisher to extend your subscription rather than send you a new one, easier for someone to make a couple of keyboard strokes than to mail a replacement

www.morgansegal.com

The funny thing is my wife goes " What is that car a Morgan ? " and I said "No that's a Caterham but there is a Morgan driving it " -delise

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Waited and waited for the 2013 October issue of R&T to arrive in the mailbox, but it never did arrive. So I found the "report missing/damaged issue" page at R&T's web pages (not really that easy to do!), and received the following reply, which I have trimmed down to the meat 'n' potatoes:

Wow, what are the odds on that? I e-mailed to inform them of my discontent. Good thing I picked up a copy at my local CVS, or I would be livid. Still not happy about it though, even if I do already have a copy.
    Gee, I wonder why print media is dying?
    Chris
    ------------
    A day you don't go a hundred is a day wasted

Sean you can easily dial out a lot of the front understeer by adjusting the ARBS and making a home made front air dam out of a piece of aluminum. Hang it off the front chassis cross-member under the nose. My car used to understeer horribly and now it’s pretty good. You can make the car oversteer in high speed corners by over-adjusting the ARBs – which would be stupid, don’t do it, I’m just saying that understeer is NOT an incurable problem with Sevens.
    Just be sure the air dam is home made and cheap as it’s the first thing to go when you have an off (I’m on my third one and I don’t drive that much).

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Murphy View Post
    Just be sure the air dam is home made and cheap as it’s the first thing to go when you have an off (I’m on my third one and I don’t drive that much).
    'Go Fast, stay on the track, don't hit anything.' You would still be on your first one if you listened to your driving coach.

Another benefit of Michael Murphy's suggestion is that it helps create a low pressure area behind the radiator to aid in cooling.

BTW nice article. Thanks to Road& Track I now know about the"steampunk" movement.

Thread Information