Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Picnic 2017?

I'm tentatively available. There are some family health issues that prevent me from committing 100% but it sounds like fun.

---john.

Well, this didn't work out too well. In order to use the island they determined that we would have to rent a security guard for 8 hours to keep the Reunion participants from dropping their trailers at inappropriate locations. The other offer was for the use of the tower on the start finish/finish line, but the parking would have been across the road and partway up the hill toward the SCRAMP office. I suggested the turn 5 camping area, but we got into a discussion of how to keep it exclusive to our group and, again, hiring a guard to keep folks from dropping their trailers there. To me, it has become too many moving parts and I think we should look elsewhere.

I will be at the track and will be camping on B Road south of the shooting ranges. If you want to come by I'll have a ice chest full of beverages and a propane BBQ. I doubt that the gate to B Road will be open, thus it would cost an admission to the track to get down there.

For something completely different...

For the Rolex Reunion I have a reserved camping spot on the Upper Corkscrew View area. This is on top of the hill looking down onto the exit of the Corkscrew. There are no hookups, just a flat lot with lots of campers around the edges. I won't be using it this year and would like to sell it to someone who would use it.

Good thinking Todd, but sorry it wont work out.

I can't attend the reunion this year, but am planning on attending the pre-reunion either Saturday or Sunday. I may be without my seven if I bring my son, though. I'll give you a shout, Todd, to say hello.

We will be at the track by Thursday. Our camping location will be in SCRAMP Camp, on "B" Road south of the shooting ranges. Look for a large white Trailblazer 5th wheel and a red Ram truck. There will be cold beverages and a hot BBQ. My car is up one jacks, in the final throes of installing a ND alternator,a real learning/creative process.

If anyone wants to show up for an impromptu BBQ come on down.

Tom
    Last edited by toldfield; August 8th, 2017 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by toldfield View Post
    Well, this didn't work out too well. In order to use the island they determined that we would have to rent a security guard for 8 hours to keep the Reunion participants from dropping their trailers at inappropriate locations. The other offer was for the use of the tower on the start finish/finish line, but the parking would have been across the road and partway up the hill toward the SCRAMP office. I suggested the turn 5 camping area, but we got into a discussion of how to keep it exclusive to our group and, again, hiring a guard to keep folks from dropping their trailers there. To me, it has become too many moving parts and I think we should look elsewhere.

I will be at the track and will be camping on B Road south of the shooting ranges. If you want to come by I'll have a ice chest full of beverages and a propane BBQ. I doubt that the gate to B Road will be open, thus it would cost an admission to the track to get down there.

For something completely different...

For the Rolex Reunion I have a reserved camping spot on the Upper Corkscrew View area. This is on top of the hill looking down onto the exit of the Corkscrew. There are no hookups, just a flat lot with lots of campers around the edges. I won't be using it this year and would like to sell it to someone who would use it.
    Valiant effort, Tom - thanks for trying to rescue the NorCal Sevens Picnic for 2017. Too many moving parts, the opposite of most members' usual problem
    2016 Seven 480 SV in Ballistic Orange

Next Year- Forgiveness not Permission

The Pre-Reunion was a great event. The Island and the Turn 5 camping area were vacant. I ended up giving the Corkscrew camping spot to a bunch of folks from Australia who had about five rented motorhomes. They had a front row spot of the weekend.

For 2018 everything has been moved a week later due to a golf tournament. Rather than jump through the hoops of asking for a picnic location, if there is any interest I will just go and occupy the area. No, not the unwashed protest Occupy, it will be the "we are having a picnic here" occupy. I'm pretty sure no one will even notice.

Now I have 11 months to get the car running...

Tom

I'm in. Looking to camp out for the weekend. Since the Reunion will close out on Sunday the 26th, the Pre-Reunion is the weekend before, the 17th -19th, correct?
    EscondidoRon

'62 Lotus Seven
    '84 Turbo Esprit (x2)
    '14 Evora
    '77 Esprit S1 (RIP):(

Yes, the Pre-Reunion is the 17th to 19th. I have come to like it a lot more than the Reunion. The crowd is smaller, nearly non-existent. Some of the big deal cars that are accepted for the Reunion are absent and there are more people with single axle trailer and neat race car. Fewer 50' transporters and crews in matching outfits. It is very low key. If I am still in their good graces next year I should have a three or four tickets. It seemed like the tickets were for the paddock and whatever the park entry fee is was the admission to the track.

And... my car is on the road again!

Tom

Thread Information